Proposed Pinyon Ridge Uranium Mill at Paradox ValleyOctober 23, 2012
NEW INFORMATION about Uranium Milling Projects by Energy Fuels
- April 30, 2018 - Colorado Denies License for Paradox Uranium Mill. Jim Mimiaga of The Cortez Journal.
- The project in Paradox Valley is on hold because the uranium market crashed (again). News clip: Durango Herald
- The water right for the proposed mill in Paradox Valley has been cancelled by the state of Colorado: ORDER
- Intent to Sue (60-day Notice) over operation violations by Grand Canyon Trust againt Energy Fuels uranium processing facility at White Mesa, near Blanding, Utah. Press Release; 60-day Notice
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) will accept written and oral public comments and hold an evidentiary hearing on the proposed Piñon Ridge Uranium Mil in the Paradox Valley, Montrose County, Colorado. The hearing will be held in Nucla, Colorado, on November 7, 8, 9, 12, and morning of the 13th. Much of the hearing time is for the evidentiary hearing, which provides an opportunity for the parties and their counsel to present testimony and otherwise participate in a hearing that is required by the Atomic Energy Act. Information about the hearing is found in the Notice of Public Hearing and Opportunity for Public Comment. Energy Fuels Resources Corp., subsidiary of Energy Fuels Inc., is the proponent of what would be the first new conventional uranium mill since the early 1980s.
Opportunity for oral public comments will be from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 on November 7, 8, and 9 (after the evidentiary hearing) and beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, November 12, 2012, for so long as interested individuals are available to make comments. It is likely that the hearing on the 13th will be short. Written comments may also be submitted to Judge Dana at the hearing.
For additional information regarding the hearing schedule, contact Judge Richard Dana.
SEND WRITTEN COMMENTS BY NOVEMBER 12 2012 TO:
Judicial Arbiter Group, Inc.
1601 Blake Street, Suite 400
Denver, Colorado 80202
(303) 572-1919 or (800) 272-4837
HEARING TIME AND PLACE:
November 7, 8, 9, 12, and 13, 2012
Hearing: 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Loyal Order of Moose Lodge 635
1045 Main Street
Nucla, Colorado 81424
• Notice of Public Hearing and Opportunity for Public Comment
• CDPHE Piñon Ridge Mill Documents and Information
Talk about this article...